CODE VEIN UNVEILS ITS BATTLE SYSTEM
BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Europe reveals today new screenshots about the upcoming action title CODE VEIN. The new assets highlight more details about the battle system, the character creation tool and 2 new characters.
Battle system of CODE VEIN is varied and offers a lot of possibilities for players:
- For example the Gift system allows them to use up to 8 gifts during battles to temporarily increase attacks or defense actions. Some other gifts are passive and they are gained with specific items or equipment.
- With the Stamina Gauge, players will be able to manage all of their actions including attacks, evading, dashing and Drain. This is crucial to control their actions and they will need to be very attentive to the stamina gauge to survive in CODE VEIN. With a successful Drain action, the number of Ichor points will be increased as well as the maximum number of Ichor stock. A Special Drain, performed under special conditions, will not only increase the number of Ichor and the stock but also cause a massive damage to enemies. The Special Drain action will be possible after a successful parry with the same timing as the enemy’s attack, a successful attack from the back or a combo attack.
- Player character abilities are temporarily increased with the Focus System during battles when they are receiving or dodging an attack and when they are surrounding by multiple enemies. This system allows players to fight back in extreme situations and get power boost when they decide to intentionally place themselves in danger. They can for example negate an attack, increase their own attack and throw enemies in the air!
- The Partner Action will also help players during fights. Companions will support them by attacking from the side, enhancing the skills and sharing Health Points when it’s needed.
The new assets of the day reveal also more details about new characters and the Character Creation where players will be able to create their own protagonist from the gender, body and hair styles to the voice of the character.
- The young leader Louis really wants to help Revenants suffering from bloodlust. He ventures into the isolated land of VEIN looking for the source of Blood Beads to use it as a substitute for human blood. With his one-handed sword he is a swift attack expert and can elude with the armor type Ogre.
- Io is a female Revenant who explores with the protagonists. She has no memories about her past but she knows very well VEIN. She will be extremely useful for the player character!
CODE VEIN is a third-person action RPG that finds players assuming the role of a Revenant. After stumbling into Vein, players embark into the world with a companion picked from the various residents of Vein to uncover lost memories and an exit out of this new demented reality. The world of CODE VEIN is dangerous, full of vicious enemies and monstrous bosses to put players’ combat skills to the test.
CODE VEIN will be available on PlayStation®4, Xbox One and PC Digital in 2018. For more information about the game and other products from BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Europe please visit: https://www.bandainamcoent.com, follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/BandaiNamcoEU, or join the conversation at https://www.twitter.com/BandaiNamcoEU.